Due to the recent national lockdown restrictions the dates for the Window Wonderland competition have changed in accordance with the Government guidelines.
To take part in the Window Wonderland competition and the Festive Derby Christmas Elf trail is still very easy and you still have the chance to register and take part! Simply:
- Fill in the application form online at visitderby.co.uk/windowwonderland/application by Wednesday 2nd December.
- Please indicate if you would like to be part of our Elf trail and if you require an elf sticker or if you provide your own Elf on the Shelf.
- Your Window Wonderland entry sticker will be delivered by our staff or a Cathedral Quarter/St Peters Quarter Ranger when restrictions are lifted and your business is open.
- Complete your shop window display by Friday, 4th December.
- Liaise with DCC’s staff or a Cathedral Quarter/St Peters Quarter Ranger to ensure we have relevant photos and videos of your business and products for our marketing.
- Ensure you are available on Friday, 18th December for prize-giving, should you win
- Promote that you are taking part on your social media channels and by your Window Wonderland window sticker.
Brought to you by Derby City Council and supported by the St Peters Quarter and Cathedral Quarter BID’s, businesses in the area are being encouraged to dress their windows to bring festive cheer to the city of Derby!
You can be as festive and creative as possible, however your window MUST feature a Rainbow’, to send a Thank You to our NHS and Key Workers during the Christmas period.
Not only will you be in for the chance of winning a fantastic prize but also your business will benefit from extensive marketing and social media coverage. This will include information on your business, photos and video of inside your shop and ways to shop with you.
The cash prizes on offer are:-
Overall Winner £250
Public Vote £200
Runner Up £100
To take part in the Festive Derby Christmas Elf trail you will need to either include an Elf on the Shelf in your display, or include a Christmas Elf Window sticker which will be provided to you. These will form part of a Christmas Elf Trail, which will work its way around the City centre encouraging shoppers to move around safely, visiting all areas, but also provide an added attraction for families.
Now, dig out your bright lights and baubles, your snow and sparkles, and your tinsel and trees, because the Derby City Council Window Wonderland competition is on!
To enter, please fill in the application form here – visitderby.co.uk/windowwonderland/application