Cathedral Quarter and St Peters Quarter BID’s are working alongside Derby City Council as part of their City Centre Deep Clean due to take place on Wednesday 18 July.
Coordinated by the Council’s Neighbourhoods team, Streetpride staff, councillors, partners and volunteers (including those from businesses in the BID areas) will be out in force to clean, repair and rejuvenate the city centre.
This event will involve a wide range of street cleansing and maintenance activities, such as:
- installing new waste bins
- turning the water features back on
- tidying up the city centre planting and floral areas
- treating the war memorial
- gum removal
- jet washing, restoring and repairing street furniture
- replacing and repairing uneven and broken paving slabs.
Pride in your city
This event is the first in what will be a city-wide programme of deep cleans, with the aim of encouraging people to feel pride in their city. Locations due to be addressed at this event include Morledge, Market Place, Cornmarket and The Lock-up Yard.
If you would like to be involved in the City Centre Deep Clean, please contact Rebecca Hudson.