In recognition of the latest national restrictions impacting businesses, Derby City Council have opened applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Vibrancy Fund. The purpose of the grant fund is to support city centre businesses through improved experience and increased footfall.
A positive experience when visiting the city centre is essential to improve reputation and help the city to recover and to build on pre-Covid footfall. Now that restrictions have been lifted in the UK, Derby City Council are looking to award grants to enable businesses to develop individual or joint projects that will support their own business in either the delivery and/or presence of the project while contributing to an overall improvement in the vibrancy of Derby.
The type of projects that are anticipated to support businesses to deliver include:
- window treatments to minimise effects of vacant premises on vibrancy or to enhance businesses whilst they are trading
- street canopy art project/s to enliven street/s where the infrastructure is in place to install safely
- creative lighting that can be used across a number of businesses, events, spaces and occasions
- innovative ways to enhance use of public realm, particularly with art and/ or greening
- ways to introduce local art into the fabric of the city in the form of decorated hoardings, painted streets, wall murals and so on
- creative ways to promote the city, as a vibrant place for a short break.
Organisations will be eligible to apply for the ARG Vibrancy Fund if they are based in Derby and are able to deliver vibrancy projects similar to those described either independently or by collaborating with artists/makers/suppliers
Priority will be given to applications that can demonstrate wider benefits than support for an individual business and those that will build a legacy that will continue to deliver after the specific project has concluded. Projects supported by the grant will need to be delivered before 22 Feb 2022.
Applications for ARG Vibrancy Fund grants must be in before 12pm on 6 September 2021.
Submit your application here.