The four winners are:
- 5-7 years: Brynnlee, age 7 (Cavendish Close Infant and Nursery School)
- Brynnlee’s ram (called ‘Patty’) shines like gold to echo those who are kind and helpful to each other. This was inspired by the children being back in the classroom together post Covid, talking about what is important to them now.
- 8-10 years: Devdeep, age 9 (Dale Primary School)
- The bright colours used on Devdeep’s ‘Friends & Family Ram’ represents the enjoyment he feels when playing with family and friends. The detailed illustrations include friends and family, trees, homes, sunshine and sports teams.
- 11-13 years: Miles, age 11 (St Peter’s Junior School)
- Miles’ ‘Mr Ramington’ celebrates – and was inspired by – all things Derby! The city, the wider countryside and county, which perfectly reflects with the ethos of the main Derby Ram Trail.
- 14-16 years: Jennifer, age 14 (Derby Cathedral School)
- Jennifer’s ‘My Life in Derby’ ram links the thinkers and innovators of Derby, Derbyshire landscape and the nature of the Peak District with Derby Cathedral.
These wonderful four winning designs – and all the runners up – will be on display for visitors to enjoy throughout the summer. They will bring a splash of colour and lots of fun to the city, which will already be host to the 30 bespoke rams standing proudly outside key city landmarks, such as the new Museum of Making and Derby Cathedral.